What’s this? August Wrap Up almost 10 days into September? Well, what can I say; August was a weird month for me. It was incredibly busy, and I honestly have no idea where the days went! So without further ado, let’s wrap it up.
Books I Read & Reviews:
- A Gathering of Shadows by V.E. Schwab
- The Young Elites by Marie Lu
- The Chronicles of Dan Lee O’Brien by David Jordan
- (my review for this was technically in September but I actually read it in August, so I’m counting it as a part of this)
Only reading three books in August means I’m not that much further on my reading challenge, but I am apparently “on track” so at least there’s that!
Phew, that’s a lot of tags!
- The 15 Best Places on the Internet for Book Lovers (x)
- 20 Books by Women You Must Read This Fall (x)
- John Oliver Drives Book Sales Like Oprah (x)
- Are You Smarter Than A Globe and Mail Copy Editor? (x)
- 7 Ways to Promote Positive Reading Habits for Older Children (x)
So I only finished one book from my proposed August TBR, so this probably isn’t realistic, but I like making lists. I’ll be starting school next week, so I probably won’t have time to finish all of these, but this is what I want to read/have already started reading!
I’ll leave you with some September-y quotes, in case you’re not already anticipating the glory of the autumn months:
In his or her own way, everyone I saw before me looked happy. Whether they were really happy or just looked it, I couldn’t tell. But they did look happy on this pleasant early afternoon in Late September, and because of that I felt a kind of loneliness new to me, a if I were the only one here who was not truly part of the scene.
– Haruki Murakami