Thank you to Jasmine @ How Useful It Is for the tag/nomination! Definitely go check out her blog! I was tagged in this back at the beginning of August, which seems like forever ago! Better late than never, though!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions from the person who has nominated you
- Nominate other bloggers for this award
- Write the same amount of question for the bloggers you have nominated
Questions for Nominees:
1) Who is your book boyfriend?
I absolutely adore Jason Kerwin from Magonia. There’s one part of the book where he’s driving and he starts honking messages in morse code and I just – he’s very sincere and I love how his brain works!
2) What other hobbies do you enjoy doing, apart from reading?
Mostly normal stuff – I love running and being athletic as well as doing anything creative. My mum’s a kindergarten teacher so I was basically brought up by Martha Stewart. I love painting, writing, embroidery, knitting, drawing, and basically anything that involves making stuff. And also watching movies and listening to music!
3) Do you buy cute notebooks?
HELLO! Yes, who doesn’t buy cute notebooks??? My favourite companies are Fringe Supply Co. and PAPYRUS.
4) Have you been on a book tour?
No I have not *still so new* If anyone knows how I can get involved, please let me know!
5) Do you read in silence or does noise not bother you?
I can read pretty much anywhere, but I’ll always prefer silence whenever I can have it. I did read on the bus a lot before I got my car, which was always quite noisy. I also have a general rule when buying a purse that it has to be able to hold a book, just in case I find myself waiting while I’m out somewhere; I want to take advantage of that spare time!
6) Do you take notes while you read for your reviews?
Usually I try to, but I often get too absorbed by the book and then proceed to completely forget about keeping notes, so. Yeah.
7) What’s your favorite fruit to eat?
GRAPEFRUIT. I eat so many grapefruits in a week.
8) Where in the world have you visited within this year or last year?
I actually haven’t done a lot of traveling in the past two years; there’s just been so much going on at home! I would really like to go to Iceland next year (if I can afford it, that is *cries*)
9) Do you have a goodreads reading challenge for this year, if so what is it?
I do – before I started blogging I would always just make it the same as the age I was turning that year, which is of course significantly less impressive than other people’s challenges, but I’ve kind of held onto that for this year as well. So 21 is the goal (birthday is in 8 days, woah)
10) What’s your favorite childhood book?
One of my absolute favourites is The Mitten by Jan Brett. The illustrations were so beautiful and her stories were always an adventure. In the illustrations, the sides of the pages show scenes from the previous page (on the left) and the next page (on the right) which I always thought was really creative.
Another of my favourite children’s books were the Usborne Little Stories series, particularly the ‘Fairy Stories’ and ‘Bedtime Stories’. They were often retellings of lesser known fables, and I’ve always remembered both the stories and my mum reading them to me before bed quite vividly. They also always had very cute illustrations.
I also really liked how these stories weren’t all focused on princesses and princes and happily ever afters. They always showed a wide range of characters and differing storylines, which I’ve always considered important in children’s lit.
11) How often do you check your blog?
Usually every day, more so when I post something. I usually scroll through the blogs I follow in the morning while I eat breakfast. It’s like my version of the news, just for the book community!
- Sara @ Freadom Library
- Alex @ Whimsy Pages
- Mariana @ Book Is Glee
- Lauren @ Comma Hangover
- Amberley @ Amberley’s Book Blog
- Aria @ Snow White Hates Apples
- Melanie @ Meltotheany
- Mari @ Story and Somnomancy
- Lashaan and Trang @ Bookidote
- Laura @ Readinglust
If you’ve done this before, feel free to ignore this!
- What was the last book you read that was a little outside your comfort zone?
- How do you arrange your bookshelves? (by colour, alphabetically, etc.)
- Do you prefer paperback or hardcover?
- Are there any songs that remind you of specific books?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- What was your favourite book as a kid? (obviously I really liked this question, so I’m copying it!)
- Do you have any guilty pleasure books?
- Favourite book you had to read for a class?
- Do you have a favourite poem?
- Seeing as this is the ‘sunshine’ blogger award, can you think of a random act of kindness that either you/someone you know did recently?
Happy Wednesday everyone!